How to Prepare Your Lawn for Summer with Fit Turf’s Services
When you think of summer, one of the first things that comes to mind is spending the afternoon outdoors at a barbecue with friends celebrating graduations, holidays, or just the pleasant, warm weather! No matter how well you prepare for your barbecue, however, you can’t always keep pesky mosquitos or unsightly crabgrass away all on your own.
If you live in the metro-Denver or metro-Detroit areas, Fit Turf can help you to get your lawn ready for everything from outdoor garden parties to late night barbecues. Here are some of our essential services to help get your outdoor space in top shape.
- Beginning around March, we’ll come to your home to do our Early Spring Starter, which involves a slow-release fertilizer specially formulated for either Colorado or Michigan soil.
- For the second round, around April or May, we’ll administer our Spring BioGreen solution, which includes a BioGreen® 20 + MICROS™ Turf 20-0-0.5 Concentrate. This helps your lawn to achieve a nice, rich green color, stimulate soil activity and help roots to grow deeply into the soil. We’ll also use Dimension® 2EW and TRIMEC® 992 to prevent weeds from growing.
- Round three begins in early summer, when we’ll apply another slow-release fertilizer blend and a spot treatment for any weeds.
- If you’re worried about pests, you may also want to try Fit Turf’s Mosquito Heat service or our Perimeter Pest Control service, both of which prevent pests like mosquitos, carpenter ants, centipedes, chiggers, roaches and spiders from getting through the perimeter of your yard and bothering your friends or family.
- If you pride yourself on your lawn’s flower beds, you may want to hire Fit Turf’s expert technicians to administer our Bed & Border Weed Control service before summer begins. This service involves uprooting weeds, assessing your current weed growth patterns and applying weed control treatments.