Denver is home to some of the most beautiful yards in the country. But, if you’re new to the area, you may not know where to start when it comes to lawn care.
Firstly, it’s important to understand the basics of lawn care to have a healthy and beautiful lawn. Here are some tips to get you started:
Understand Your Soil
It’s vital that you understand the type of soil in your region, as different soils require different add-ons to improve their quality.
For Denver residents, it’s especially important that you note that the Colorado area does not have deep, dark topsoil. This is because the soil is derived from volcanic and sedimentary rocks. But that does not mean that you cannot have a thriving lawn.
You may need to consult with a lawn care specialist in Denver to help you navigate the nuances of soil type and grass type suitable for the region.
To further understand your soil type, you can buy a test kit for yourself or take the sample to your local county extension office or a reputable laboratory for accurate results and recommendations.
Treat Your Soil Accordingly
After the soil test results, you will understand which components are in plenty and which ones need boosting.
Alkaline soil makes it difficult for the plant to use up nutrients like iron.
That notwithstanding, follow the test recommendations to ensure your lawn is growing on quality soil.
Pick the Best Grass for Your Lawn
Different types of grass are suitable for different regions because of the differences in climatic conditions. There are grasses that do well in warmer climates, while others do well in colder climates.
Choosing the right type of grass reduces the amount of water required to water the plant as well as other resources required to make the grass thrive.
Make sure you consult a professional in your area to help you pick up the best-performing grass in your region.
You have taken care of the soil, and you have picked the best types of grass for the lawn. Now it’s time to plant the grass. How do you go about that?
Make certain that your seed is planted correctly from the start. Seeding right from the start will make lawn maintenance easy and manageable.
The type of seed you choose for your lawn can be influenced by the following factors:
- The type of soil in your lawn
- The climate conditions in your area
- The intended use of the lawn
- The type of tolerance you need in the lawn
- The seed variety
- Other seeds in the package
- Inert ingredients
- Weed seeds in the package
- The seed germination rate (the higher the rate, the better the grass will perform)
Aside from the germination rate, the other information is expressed as a percentage of the weight.
Nurture the Grass
After planting your seed, it’s time to nurture the grass so that it grows into the lush green lawn you want.
Depending on the soil test results, you should understand what supplements your soil needs. Ensure that you feed your lawn the recommended amount of supplements on the recommended schedule. Overdoing it can negatively harm the grass.
In addition, be keen on weed growth. You have to keep track of weed growth and get rid of the weed as soon as you can.
Mow the Right Way
Mowing is a big part of maintaining your lawn, both for the health of the grass and for aesthetic purposes.
Here are some of the recommended mowing best practices:
- Mowing at the right height, preferably 3 cm[JB3] .
- Ensure your mower blades are sharp.
- Mowing during the growing season depends on your region.
- Leave the grass clippings on the lawn.
There are nuances to how you should mow your specific area, which a professional familiar with your region can advise you on.
Water your lawn regularly
Denver’s climate is dry, so your lawn will need regular watering to stay healthy. It’s recommended that you water deeply at given intervals rather than shallowly. Watering deeply encourages deep-root growth.
Find the Best Lawn Care Partner
Why spend money on a task you can do if you put some time and effort into it? You might ask. Well, there are many reasons you might need lawn care services, including:
- If you have a large lawn, you may not have sufficient time or equipment to care for it properly.
- If you have a small lawn, you may not be able to keep up with the[JB5] maintenance.
- If you have an irregular shaped lawn, you may find it difficult to mow or edge.
- If you have a lot of trees or other obstacles in your lawn, you may need someone to help you navigate them. [JB6]
If you’re facing any challenges maintaining your lawn, it’s time to find yourself a lawn care partner. If you’re in Denver CO, you’re in luck because Fit Turf is that lawn care partner you’re looking for.
Why us? The simple answer is that we are the best in what we do. The long answer is, there are several reasons why we tick all the right boxes when it comes to lawn care, including:
- We have a team of experienced and qualified professionals who know how to take care of all kinds of lawns.
- We use the latest technology and equipment to ensure that your lawn is always looking its best.
- We offer a wide range of services that can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- We offer competitive pricing that will fit within your budget.
- We offer a satisfaction guarantee so that you can be sure that you will be happy with the results.
Contact us today or call us at 720-643-5853 to order services or get a free quote.